EnerSure® is the world’s leading branch-circuit metering unit that is certified as utility-grade, class 1 accurate. EnerSure® is the most versatile unit on the market and can be integrated into any Power Distribution Unit (PDU) to provide unmatched data for all of the following items:
- Amperage – Knowing exact amperage eliminates tripped breakers
- Voltage – See variations in power and prevent trouble
- Power Factor – Track the hidden penalty in your power bill
- kW – See the actual wattage of heat generated by each circuit
- kWh – Track energy by end user and groups
EnerSure® data can be hosted by our own TrendPoint Management Console or by your own Modbus TCP or SNMP compliant server. Compliant servers presently include those from Schneider’s PowerLogic and ION Enterprise solutions, as well as CA’s EcoMeter, and Viridity’s software console.
EnerSure®, like all TrendPoint’s products, is built to Plug & Play. It installs easily with NO downtime. The EnerSure® unit provides its data output to your server via Ethernet. This allows EnerSure units to communicate to a server, regardless of location. EnerSure’s patented features give you the power to plan, commission and manage all of your IT and cooling equipment’s energy use and carbon footprint.
The EnerSure® Branch Circuit Power Meter is as different from a traditional BCM as a smart meter is from a mechanical meter. EnerSure® gathers precise performance data from IT and cooling loads – amps, volts, power factor, watts, kWh energy – and is certified to provide utility-grade data per circuit. Power metrics from the EnerSure can integrate with any BMS or DCiM system via Modbus TCP, SNMP and BACnetIP.
EnerSure® provides the most accurate, flexible, and adaptable metering solution on the market and is used in some of the most prestigious and critical facilities in the world.
TrendPoint employs 22 Power Meter-on-a-chip units on each Data Gathering Module (DGM). With up to 4 DGMs per unit, each EnerSure® can accommodate up to 88 circuits of utility grade power data.
- Amperage: With the most accurate CT’s on the market, the EnerSure® allows you to manage your circuit capacities with greater reliability. Our CT’s are .5% accurate from 1 to 100% of the scale, giving you more visibility into your usage.
- Voltage: With the ability to provide both L-N and L-L readings on individual circuits, the EnerSure® allows you to measure your voltage in various configurations. Through the use of our UL listed Potential Transformer, you don’t have to worry about dangerous voltage on the meter, as our installations can comply with NFPA 70e standards.
- Power Factor: The key to accurate, utility grade data is the ability to measure power factor at the circuit level. Our patented technology measures power factor on each circuit and provides the ability to detect troubled equipment and energy waste.
- Wattage: The true measurement of heat. By associating each circuit with the cabinet or rack that it feeds, you can see the actual wattage of heat in each cabinet and adjust loads as necessary.
- kWh Energy: Energy charge backs and related carbon emission reporting are increasing. Laws such as California Public Utilities Commission 07-09-004 require that any charge back for power usage MUST be done with meters that meet a utility grade standard at the Individual Circuit Level.
Add any sized CT to any circuit with just the click of a mouse. No hardware to configure. Our standard split-core CT’s are available in any size from our standard 75 and 300 amp series to 4000 amps.
- Onboard Ethernet, RS232 and RS485 connectivity: EnerSure is the only product that provides all standard forms of data connectivity without the need for gateways or additional hardware. The open protocols allow the EnerSure® to be easily integrated into any DCIM and/or Building Management System (BMS). Multiple sessions are supported for use with multiple software systems.
- Data provided by Modbus RTU, Modbus TCP, SNMP and BACnetIP: The open protocols allow the EnerSure® to be easily integrated into any monitoring and management system. Multiple sessions are supported for use with multiple software systems.
- Data Logging and Event Logging: The 9 onboard data logs can record 120 data points each with intervals in as little time as 30 seconds. Using a standard microSD card, users can record thousands of time-stamped data points. The data logs can be downloaded as a .CSV file or delivered using Modbus TCP and BACnetIP protocols. The onboard event logs record alarm indications for sequence of events correlation.
- EnerSure® is the most versatile meter available on the market. From switchgear to the branch circuit panel boards, it adapts to your specific monitoring needs. Various CT sizes and CT lead lengths as well as 1, 2, and 3 poles circuits can be mixed throughout the EnerSure® meter.
Call one of our experts today for more information.